Gold Coast Asbestos Inspections
Reports Direct has professional inspectors who can carry out Asbestos Testing and Asbestos Audits in the Gold Coast (see right side panel for other areas we do inspections in).
Asbestos-containing material (ACM) was widely used throughout Queensland in the construction industry from around 1940 to mid 1980s. Asbestos was in some form or manner used in over 3,000 products.
New buildings do not use asbestos containing material however in old buildings asbestos can still be found and it is necessary to identify and deal appropriately with asbestos if it is found.
The inspector will inspect the property and its immediate surrounds, samples will be taken from material and or building products the inspector believes may contain asbestos. These samples will be sent to an accredited laboratory which will then issue a certificate of their findings. The report contains this certificate and identifies the location, condition, type, and makes recommendations as to the handling and/or removal of any asbestos products. The report will contain photographs of the areas where samples have been taken.
Typical Materials Where Asbestos is Found
Some areas and building items that may contain asbestos include:
- Floor tiles
- Friction linings
- Spray on fireproofing (limpet)
- Roofing materials
- Internal and external wall cladding
- Hot water pipe insulation lagging
Asbestos Audits vary in price so please contact us via our Gold Coast booking form regarding asbestos audit costs.
* The inspector collecting the samples for the report may not have Professional Indemnity Insurance. However the NATA laboratory issuing the certificate carries Professional Indemnity Insurance.
Other Inspection Services
- Gold Coast Building Inspection
- Gold Coast Pest Inspection
- Gold Coast Pre Purchase Inspection
- Gold Coast Condition Report
- Gold Coast Asbestos Inspection
- Gold Coast Pool Inspection